Sex Sense is a free confidential sexual health referral and information service open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Pacific time). Our team of registered nurses, clinical counsellors, and sex educators offer information and resources for people living in British Columbia and the Yukon, Canada. Please note, our resources are tailored to residents of British Columbia and the Yukon, Canada, and we may not be able to provide resources beyond these areas.
You can ask us about sex, sexuality, and other hot topics, including:
- birth control and emergency contraception
- pregnancy options
- sexually transmitted infections (STIs/STDs)
- Pap screening/Pelvic exams
- sexual pleasure
- your nearest sexual health service provider
- and so much more!
Our service provides information and referrals only. We cannot diagnose health concerns or provide medical advice or counselling over email.
- If this is an emergency, please call 911.
- If you are in crisis please call the Crisis Line at 1-866-661-3311.
- If you have a medical concern, you can call HealthLink BC by dialing 811 on your phone. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- If you are having symptoms that concern you, we encourage you to see a health care provider in person.
To have your sexual health questions answered, you have two options:
- Call us at 1-800-SEX-SENSE (1-800-739-7367) throughout BC* or 604-731-7803 in the Lower Mainland
*The 1-800-SEX-SENSE line is toll-free for callers within BC and the Yukon, Canada. For callers outside of these areas, regular long distance charges will apply.
- or submit your question through the form below and get a reply via email. We will do our best to reply within one business day. However, this is not always possible.
Please provide detailed information in your email so that we can best answer your question.