Pregnancy can occur anytime that there is sexual activity with penile-vaginal sex (sometimes called intercourse).
What are the first signs of pregnancy?
For most people, the first sign of pregnancy is when their periods stops or changes. Although when bleeding stops it can be caused by many things.Other signs can include when someone’s breasts feel swollen or tender, nausea, fatigue, frequent urination or mood swings. Birth control can help in planning and deciding when the right time to be pregnant is for you, but no birth control is 100% effective.
Possible Causes of a Missed Period
- Pregnancy is the most common cause of a missed period
- Birth control itself may cause some people to not have periods or for their period to change.
- Breast/Chest feeding can cause missed periods, but you may still be able to get pregnant
- Certain medications can cause changes to your period. Check with your health care provider about changes if you are taking a new medication.
- Some illnesses can change/delay your period.
- Malnutrition and low body weight can cause problems with your period
- Excessive exercise can disrupt the production of hormones in your body and stop your period
- As people age and as menopause approaches, periods may become irregular and eventually stop.