Everyone has questions about sex.
We want you to ASK US!
We’re here to help sex make sense.
Sex Sense is a free, pro-choice, sex-positive, and confidential** service. Our team of registered nurses, counsellors, and sex educators offer information and resources on sex, sexuality and sexual health, for people living in British Columbia and the Yukon, Canada. Please note: we may not be able to provide information and resources beyond these areas.
Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific Time. We are closed on weekends and public holidays.
Ways to get in touch:
- Call us at 1-800-739-7367 throughout BC* or 604-731-7803 in the Lower Mainland
- Submit your question through the email form below
*The 1-800-739-7367 line is toll-free for callers within BC and the Yukon, Canada. For callers outside of these areas, regular long-distance charges may apply.
Have a sexual health question for our experts? Submit the form below:
What topics can I ask about?
- Sex and Sexuality
- Birth Control and Emergency Contraception
- Safer Sex
- Consent and Relationships
- Gender and Sexual Orientation
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Queer, Trans, Intersex, and Two-Spirit sexual health
- Pregnancy Testing and Options
- Abortion Information and Services
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs/STDs)
- Pap tests/Pelvic exams
- Genital Health and Appearance
- Sexual Desire, Arousal, Orgasm
- and so much more!
- We are not able to assess symptoms or provide medical diagnosis and our service is not intended to be a substitute for seeing a health care provider
- We are not a counselling, crisis or mental health service
- We are a not a service to use for sexual pleasure/excitement or when you are masturbating
If you’re not sure where to see a health care provider, therapist, crisis or mental health service or how to access resources about sexual pleasure, please let us know – that we can help with!
If you have a concern requiring a medical diagnosis or treatment, you can also find a sexual health clinic in our Clinic Finder or on Smart Sex Resource or contact Health Link by dialing 811 in order to speak with a nurse or pharmacist. In the event this is an emergency please call 911.
**The only exceptions to confidentiality are when we have reason to believe that a young person under the age of 19 is experiencing abuse or that someone of any age is at immediate risk of harming themselves or someone else.
If you are interested in ordering some of our cards or posters, please click here for the order form.