SAR (Sexual Attitude Reassessment):
SAR is part of our CAVE curriculum, which is a human sexuality training program for students, professionals in health care, counselling, education, and social services fields, parents, and other individuals seeking enhanced personal relationships.
No pre-requisite is required for the SAR workshop. Those working directly with clients or patients on sexuality or sexual health matters will benefit most from the SAR process.
3½ days | Cost: $625 for participant or $575 for existing Options for Sexual Health members
- This program uses the Sexual Attitudes Reassessment (SAR) process and is based on the program developed by the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality.
- Applicants to our Sexual Health Educator Certification must complete or be registered for a SAR before applying. Completion of Options for Sexual Health’s SAR workshop fulfills this requirement.
- Topics covered include: fantasy, masturbation, LGBTQ2S+, non-monogomy, sex work, gender, BDSM, disability, and aging.
- Activities involved: using an intensive workshop experience, participants evaluate their own values, beliefs, and attitudes on various sexuality issues.
- Outcomes: by becoming increasingly aware of their perceptions, beliefs, values, and feelings, participants become comfortable with the wide variation of existing sexual attitudes, behaviours, and practices. This comfort is necessary for sexual health professionals, and is also beneficial for individuals striving for personal growth and the development of healthy personal relationships.
- Full-time attendance to all three and a half days is mandatory!
Upcoming dates for SAR
- Next SAR dates TBD – please contact Saira at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on our mailing list.
Why participate in Options for Sexual Health’s SAR?
When we think about sexuality, our feelings are seldom neutral. They consist instead of a complex mix of anxiety, fear, joy, excitement, guilt, anger, exhilaration, disgust and curiosity. Being a competent and compassionate educator, health care practitioner, or other professional, or an individual who talks to people about sexual issues requires not only knowledge and skills, but also self-awareness. This self-awareness includes understanding our values, beliefs, and attitudes on various sexuality issues. Professionals may also discover the limitations of the issues they can and cannot handle effectively.
Objectives of SAR
By becoming aware of their values, beliefs, perceptions, and feelings, participants become increasingly comfortable with a wide variation of sexual attitudes, behaviours and practices. This comfort is essential for sexual health professionals, and is also beneficial for individuals striving for personal growth and the development of healthy personal relationships. Participants move toward greater knowing, acceptance and tolerance of the many dimensions of human sexuality.
What does your SAR look like?
The SAR workshop is a provocative, experiential, cognitive and affective experience designed to push comfort levels, elicit feelings, and confront attitudes, beliefs and values about sexuality. It uses an intensive workshop process incorporating visual materials, presenters sharing personal experiences, small group work, and individual reflections.
Topics that will be addressed in SAR include:
- sex work
- … and more
Cost of the SAR workshop
The fee upon registration is $625 for participants or $575 for existing Options for Sexual Health Members. Lunches are included.
Full attendance is mandatory to receive credit for the workshop!
*Due to the explicit nature of films shown during the workshop, participants must be at least 19 years of age.
For inquiries, please email our Education Coordinator.