Sexual and Reproductive Health Awareness Week 2022
This year, Sexual and Reproductive Health Awareness Week is focusing on Advocacy In Action! There is so much to say about this topic, especially in 2022! We are so excited to highlight some of the amazing community and partner organizations that are doing the work to advocate within sexual and reproductive health!
We would also be remiss if we did not acknowledge that SRH Week takes place in the middle of Black History Month, and to take a moment to acknowledge the many Black people in history who have contributed to the advancement of Sexual and Reproductive Health, as well as the many Black people who are currently working in this sphere and making dynamic and impactful changes in the lives of people globally. With our utmost gratitude and appreciation, we thank you.
- Monday: Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls March
- Social Media: This week we will be highlighting the #AdvocacyInAction happening throughout BC on our Instagram and Facebook!
- We are still finalizing the events for the week so check back for updates!
Past Sexual and Reproductive Health Awareness Weeks
You have questions, we have answers! Options for Sexual Health is here to answer all of your sex, seual health, and sexuality related questions, provide resources, education, and clinical services. For the 2020 edition of Sexual and Reproductive Health Awareness Week we focused on having events that keep you informed, empowered, and in the know about sexual and reproductive health!
During SRH Awareness Week, we will share some of our most frequently asked questions (and answers!) so make sure to check back daily!
And- if you see our bus shelter advertisements around Vancouver, take a selfie and tag us on social media with #YVRsrh2020! We can’t to see your photos!
Whether you’re looking for a clinic for STI testing, an education session, or even a dance party, we’ve got you! And we will keep adding events so check back often.
SRH Awareness Week Calendar of Events
Monday February 3: PreParty
Tuesday February 11
- Table at Health Week at BCIT
Wednesday February 12
- In Our Hearts – Healing in Abortion and Termination
- Ask an Options Nurse ANYTHING! Youth drop-in
Nelson Options for Sexual Health Clinic 5-7 p.m.
Friday February 14
- Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women’s March
Location: Main & Hastings 12 p.m.
- People’s Prom
- King & Queen of Hearts Drag Contest
Vancouver 7-11 p.m.
- All open Options Clinics & Foundry’s “Let’s talk about sex!” Trivia contest