SHEC Application Process
Basic requirements for admission into the SHEC program include all of the following:
- a related undergraduate degree (with a preference for health sciences or education degrees) or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Those seeking entrance based on equivalency must detail such experience in their application and could be requested to provide further community endorsement.
- Please note that Options for Sexual Health accepts 1-3 of these types of applicants per cohort.
- proficient in spoken and written English.
- completion of a SAR recognized by Options for Sexual Health (such as our SAR workshop)
All interested applicants should note that SHEC is a competitive course with limited enrolment and not all qualified applicants will be accepted. In some cases, further evidence to support an application might be requested.
- Applicants must complete the SHEC online application (link below), where the following documents will also be submitted:
- CV demonstrating a related undergraduate degree (with a preference for health sciences or education degrees) or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Letter of intent, including your reasons for applying, and your education and learning goals
- Two professional letters of recommendation (including contact information) from past or current employers or supervisors.
- Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector check
- Proof of completion or registration of a SAR (such as Options for Sexual Health’s SAR workshop) within the last five years.
- Interviews may be performed as part of the application process.
*Application letters should be addressed to the SHEC Advisory Committee at Options for Sexual Health.
Applications for SHEC 2020 programs
If you have specific questions about SHEC or SAR or would like to be placed on our mailing list to receive updates, please fill out this form.
Below are the course module dates, please note — full attendance is mandatory
SHEC 2020 Fall: Vancouver, BC
- Module One: September 18-20, 2020
- Module Two: November 6-8, 2020
- Module Three: December 4-6, 2020
- Module Four: January 15-17, 2021
- Module Five: February 19-21, 2021
*Applications for SHEC 2020 programs are now closed*
Next opportunity for SAR (SHEC pre-requisite):
- Next SAR dates TBD – please contact Saira at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on our mailing list.