With all that has been happening south of the border, we have had a significant uptick in media requests. Despite the fact that Canada is not directly impacted (from a legal standpoint) we are going to have indirect impacts from the decision to overturn Roe vs Wade. Just how much of an impact is yet to be seen; however, we have already seen an uptick in concerned folks contacting our organization wanting to ensure that their rights have not been limited. Any way we look at it, this is an absolutely devastating turn of events, and one that will impact thousands of lives.
- CBC The Early Edition
- Abortion rights groups call on B.C. to address gaps in access (Vancouver Sun and Times Colonist, and several other publications)
- What is reproductive justice? Experts say it matters more than ever in a post-Roe world that is likely to disproportionately impact people of color
- Roe v. Wade overturned, bringing B.C.’s reproductive access into focus
- ‘The grief and the anger is very real’: B.C. officials, advocates react to U.S. abortion rights decision
- Advocates slam lack of surgical abortion services in Fraser Health hospitals
- Got sex health questions or concerns, Squamish?