Basic requirements for admission into the SHEC program include all of the following:
- a related undergraduate degree (with a preference for health sciences or education degrees) or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Those seeking entrance based on equivalency must detail such experience in their application and could be requested to provide further community endorsement. Please note that Options for Sexual Health accepts 1-3 of these types of applicants per cohort.
- proficient in spoken and written English.
- completion of a SAR recognized by Options for Sexual Health (such as our SAR workshop)
All interested applicants should note that SHEC is a competitive course with limited enrolment and not all qualified applicants will be accepted. In some cases, further evidence to support an application might be requested.
1. Applicants must complete the SHEC online application (link below), where the following documents will also be submitted:
- CV demonstrating a related undergraduate degree (with a preference for health sciences or education degrees) or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Letter of intent, including your reasons for applying, and your education and learning goals
- Two professional letters of recommendation (including contact information) from past or current employers or supervisors.
- Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector check
- Proof of completion or registration of a SAR (such as our SAR workshop) within the last five years.
2. Interviews may be performed as part of the application process.
*Application letters should be addressed to the SHEC Advisory Committee at Options for Sexual Health.
Applications for our 2019 Spring and Fall programs are now closed. Please fill out this form if you are interested in future SHEC programs or applying for the 2019 programs wait-list.
Below are the course module dates, please note -- full attendance is mandatory
SHEC 2019 Spring: Vancouver, BC
Module One: May 3-5, 2019
Module Two: May 31-June 2, 2019
Module Three: July 5-7, 2019
Module Four: August 9-11, 2019
Module Five: September 6-8, 2019
SHEC 2019 Fall: Vancouver, BC
Module One: November 1-3, 2019
Module Two: November 29-December 1, 2019
Module Three: January 17-19, 2020
Module Four: February 21-23, 2020
Module Five: March 20-22, 2020
Next opportunity for SAR (SHEC pre-requisite):
VANCOUVER: April 11-14, 2019 (Workshop FULL, please contact Saira Hansen [email@example.com] to be placed on our cancellation list).
VANCOUVER: October 3-6, 2019
VANCOUVER: April 2020 (dates TBD)