Provincial Office: Medical Office Assistant Job Posting
Do you take joy in connecting with people? Are you pro-choice and passionate about providing access to non-judgmental sexual health services? Do you have patience, an eye for detail, and a warm and caring tone, even when there is a lot going on?
This position is one of the most critical positions in our entire organization as it gives our patients access to services. You are often the first impression of Options for Sexual Health, and the choices you make for when to book which patient impacts our clinic flow directly.
Status: Part-time, hourly
Rate: $19-22, commensurate to experience and qualifications
Location: Options for Sexual Health Provincial Office
Provincial Office reception provides general receptionist services to the Options for Sexual Health Provincial Office and manages bookings for 11 of our clinics. Reception reports directly to the Clinic Services Director. Reception hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, with a one hour break for lunch. This is a part-time job share position of 3 days per week.
The receptionist is responsible for answering the telephone, updating booking system, booking clinic appointments, supporting administrative function of Options for Sexual Health, including:
- Operate the switchboard and manage clinics appointments, referrals, and results
- Distribute and update clinic slates with appointment schedules
- Administrative and general office duties
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
- Medical Office Assistant diploma or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of sexual health medical terminology
- Experience in dealing tactfully and effectively with members of the public, suppliers, and patients
- Experience in operating a multi-line telephone system
- Proficient in operating office equipment and MS suite
- Experience using appointment scheduling systems (OSCAR) an asset
Attitude, Skills, and Abilities
- Be non-judgmental and pro-choice and comfortable speaking with people about their sexual health concerns
- Able to consistently engage with clients in a warm, caring, confidential, and respectful manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask under demanding conditions
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
All positions at Options for Sexual Health require a signed commitment to Options for Sexual Health’s mission, values, objectives, and confidentiality policy.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all levels, of the people we serve. We welcome applications from anyone who may contribute to furthering the mission of the organization, and especially from those who identify as Indigenous, LGBTQ2S+, member of a visible minority or marginalized population, and persons with disabilities. If you are a member of any of these groups, we welcome you to self-identify within your application, cover letter or resume.
To apply, please submit an application online. Thank you for your interest in Options for Sexual Health. We regret that only short listed candidates will be acknowledged.