- enhance your personal development
- increase your knowledge in specialized areas
- share skills and experiences that complement ours
- allow more clients to be served
- share new ideas that help us grow
- spread the word about who we are and what we do
- help you become an expert resource for your friends!
WE WANT YOU to volunteer...it makes a difference to everyone!
Can anyone volunteer?
In general there is no particular background or training necessary to be a volunteer. However, volunteers should be:
- reliable, nonjudgmental, and empathetic to people of diverse sexual and cultural backgrounds
- able to make the time commitment required
- very comfortable with the topics of sexuality and sexual health
The final selection of volunteers is based on Opt's needs and is at the sole discretion of the organization.
There are two types of volunteer opportunities in Opt...serving on a board in a governance capacity, or volunteering for one of our programs. More information on the specifics of each type of volunteering opportunity is available in the Governance and Programs sections of this website. Check it out, then if you're still interested, apply online!