This is an internal/external job posting for a casual position as a 1-800 SEX-SENSE Line staff, to start training in July 2012.
Application Deadline: 4pm on Tuesday, July 10
Hours: Minimum availability 2 shifts/month; 1 Friday night/ 8 weeks
Salary: Starting at $27.85
The successful candidate will:
- Have an undergraduate degree (preferably one in nursing, education or another health related field)
- Have previous experience working or volunteering in sexual health
- Have a strong knowledge base in human sexuality, contraception, and sexually transmitted infections
- Demonstrate a passionate interest in sexual health
- Be pro-choice, harm reduction knowledgeable, and sex positive
- Have excellent interpersonal, communication, critical analysis and organizational skills
- Awareness of how cultural context – including socioeconomic status, ethnicity, spirituality, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and ability – may impact client and Sex Sense interactions
- Be committed to providing accurate information and remaining non-judgmental
- Be available to work during the Line’s hours of operation (Mon – Fri, 9am -9pm)
Desirable candidates will also have:
- Obtained continuing education experiences in sexual health
- Previous experience working with clients over the phone or email
- Previous experience counselling clients
- Previous experience working with youth, women, and other diverse communities
This position requires a signed commitment to Options for Sexual Health’s mission, vision and confidentiality protocol.
Responsible to: Options for Sexual Health’s Executive Director
Roles and Responsibilities as 1-800 SEX-SENSE Line Supervisor:
- Primary responsibility is to respond to client inquiries on the 1-800 SEX-SENSE phone line and via email on a range of sexual and reproductive health concerns
- Update resources, complete required administrative tasks
- Support the OPT team as an expert in the realm of sexual and reproductive health
- Train and supervise volunteers in answering calls and completing administrative tasks
Applicants should be available to commence employment with Options for Sexual Health in July 2012. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those short-listed will be contacted for interviews. If you have submitted an application to the Sex Sense Line in the last year, you need not reapply; simply inform us of your continued interest.
To apply, please fill out the application form. The deadline for application is 4pm on Tuesday July 10.