Options for Sexual Health is British Columbia’s largest sexual and reproductive health service organization, providing comprehensive, non-judgmental clinical, education, and information services in a “pro-choice” context. This dynamic organization has a history of over 50 years of skilled and ethical care.
- Provide clinical services according to best practices and in compliance with the scope and standards of practice as set out by the BCNPP including the maintenance of annual practice requirements
- Provide non-judgmental counselling on birth control, STIs, pregnancy options, and other reproductive and sexual health issues
- Confidentially maintain client files and lab books
- Oversee and/or manage clinic administration, contraceptive orders, and statistics
- Oversee and/or manage the coordination of clinic staffing with volunteers and physicians
- BCNPP registration in good standing
- Current CPR, Contraceptive Management Certification, and STI Management Certification
- Experience as a nurse clinician
- Experience working with an interdisciplinary team
- Strong commitment to sexual and reproductive health rights and quality services
- Preferred experience in a sexual and reproductive health environment
Demonstrated skills and qualities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to analyze and resolve problems with minimal direction
- Ability to triage
- Strong decision making and communications skills a must
- Highly collaborative and a team player
- Experience working with youth
- Ability to multitask in a busy clinic environment
Compensation Type: The position pays $30 per hour, which includes 4% vacation pay in lieu of time off (6% after two years) and Sick Leave accrued at 6.9%.
All positions at Options for Sexual Health require a signed commitment to Options for Sexual Health’s mission, values, objectives, and confidentiality policy.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all levels, of the people we serve. We welcome applications from anyone who may contribute to furthering the mission of the organization, and especially from those who identify as Indigenous, LGBTQ2S+, member of a visible minority or marginalized population, and persons with disabilities. If you are a member of any of these groups, we welcome you to self-identify within your application, cover letter, or resume.
Thank you for your interest in Options for Sexual Health. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to Nicole Pasquino (email@example.com) AND an application online at https://optionsforsexualhealth.org/employment-application