What if there is no Opt clinic in a community?
Options for Sexual Health is always interested in discussing new service sites around the province.
What is required if a community wants a clinic?
To ensure that proposed new clinics can be successful and eventually self-sustaining, Opt requires:
- an assessment of community demographics and the potential client base
- demonstration of broad-based community support
- confirmation of the availability of physician services and volunteer support
- development of a short-term and mid-range plan of revenues and expenditures
- an initial start-up fund to cover expected losses during the first months of operation