Where can I get information or counselling about abortion and pregnancy in BC?
Pregnancy Options Line (operated by CARE @ BC Women's Hospital):
604-875-3163 or 1-888-875-3163 outside the Lower Mainland.
- Offers information, resources, and referrals
SEX SENSE Line (operated by Options for Sexual Health): 604-731-7803, or 1-800-Sex-Sense (739-7367) outside the Lower Mainland.
- Offers information and resources
Cranbrook Women's Resource Society
Phone 1-250-426-2912; Email: email@example.com
- Offers assistance to East Kootenay residents who will experience financial difficulty when travelling out of the region to access abortion services
- Open Monday-Thursday 10am-3pm
- For more information on this resource, contact the Sex Sense line (1-800-SEX-SENSE) or the Cranbrook Women's Resource Society directly (1-250-426-2912)
Options for Sexual Health Clinics: 604-731-4252
- Offers pregnancy testing and counselling, resources, and referrals
Any of the clinics listed on the abortion providers page.
Some groups opposed to abortion offer pregnancy counselling using misleading language to make you think you will get accurate information on all your choices and rights. Their purpose is to talk you out of the option of abortion, and to do so they may use false information about the effects of abortion, ignore your rights, and apply religious pressure. Such groups include Birthright, Pregnancy Options Society (formerly known as the Crisis Pregnancy Centre) and Pro Life BC, which is using an "OptionsBC" web site to disguise its agenda.